Indian Army To Push For Quick Disengagement At Gogra, Hot Springs And Depsang During Saturday’s Talks: Sources
Home » Smart home » Indian Defense » Indian Army To Push For Quick Disengagement At Gogra, Hot Springs And Depsang During Saturday’s Talks: Sources

Indian Army To Push For Quick Disengagement At Gogra, Hot Springs And Depsang During Saturday’s Talks: Sources

posted in: Indian Defense 0

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had earlier told Parliament that the Corps Commander of the two armies would meet within 48 hours of the disengagement completing at Pangong lake in eastern Ladakh

New Delhi/Leh: The Indian Army on Friday confirmed that disengagement has been completed at Pangong Tso (lake) – both on the southern and northern banks. The Indian troops have now moved back to their depth locations, Indian Army sources were quoted as saying.

Sources said the 10th round of Corps Commander-level talks scheduled to be held between the Indian Army and the People’s Liberation Army of China would focus on disengagement at three other friction points in eastern Ladakh, namely Gogra, Hot Springs and Depsang plains.

The talks will begin in Moldo, opposite Chushul, at 10 am on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

Defence Minister Rajnath Singh had earlier told Parliament that the Corps Commander of the two armies would meet within 48 hours of the disengagement completing at Pangong lake in eastern Ladakh.

It has been reported that while troops, weapons and other military hardware have been pulled back, bunkers, tents and other temporary structures on both the north and south banks of Pangong lake have also been dismantled by both sides.

This has also been verified by the two sides before making an announcement about the next round of talks tomorrow.

During the talks tomorrow, the two sides will carry out a comprehensive review of the disengagement process in Pangong lake areas. It has also been learned that during the talks tomorrow, the Indian side will insist on a quick disengagement process in the remaining friction areas to restore some form of normalcy to India-China relations.

The development came on a day when China for the first time revealed a figure for casualties suffered during the Galwan Valley clash between the two armies on June 15 last year. China said it had lost four officers and soldiers in the incident while another one was injured. Beijing has also revealed their names.

In the fierce hand-to-hand Galwan Valley clash, the Indian Army had lost 20 of its brave soldiers including the commanding officer.

The border standoff between the two countries had started in April last year. The disengagement process at Pangong Tso had started on February 10.

Source link

Leave a Reply