M4A1 Carbine air-cooled, gas-operated, direct impingement, magazine-fed, select fire carbine
The Pakistan Army’s Special Service Group or the SSG, an elite outfit like the Indian special forces, is looking for new weaponry.
The SSG, which often supports terrorists in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir in their attacks on the Indian Army’s border posts, is keen to buy high-quality weapons. They include:
• The M4A1 Colt assault rifle, which is an improved version of the M4 and is used by the U.S. special forces. The M4 is a regular with most units of the US Army
• The AN/PVS-14 monocular night vision device, used not only by the US armed forces but also its NATO allies.
• The more advanced ATPIAL/AN/PEQ-15 or the Advanced Target Pointer Illuminator Aiming Light. This is also with the US Armed forces.
• Thermal imaging stand-alone sights for the M-4 assault rifles. This is, of course, for night fighting.
• The Glock-19 9mm pistol, Austrian-made and widely in use all over the world.
• Binoculars using thermal imaging. The SSG is clearly working on improving it’s night fighting capabilities.